Environment ISO 14064 – Greenhouse Gas Accounting and Verification
ISO 14064 provides industry and government with a set of tools to develop programs aimed at reducing GHG emissions.
It will also assist your organization to operate within emissions trading schemes. Call our experts today for more information.
SGS can audit your organization against ISO 14064 parts 1 and 2 to provide verification of your greenhouse gas emissions and reductions. Working to this international standard increases your credibility in the marketplace, and demonstrates your commitment to operating in a greener way. Verification by our experts ensures the independence of your assessments and reports.
The ISO 14064 standard comprises three parts:
- Part 1 - specifies requirements for designing and developing organization or entity-level GHG inventories
- Part 2 - details requirements for quantifying, monitoring and reporting emission reductions and removal enhancements from GHG projects, and
- Part 3 - provides requirements and guidance for the conducting of GHG information validation and verification (and is applicable to verification organizations such as SGS)
Implement the ISO 14064 standard within your organization and you will be able to:
- Promote consistency, transparency and credibility in GHG quantification, monitoring, reporting and reduction
- Identify and manage GHG-related liabilities, assets and risks
- Facilitate the trade of GHG allowances or credits
- Support the design, development and implementation of comparable and consistent GHG schemes or programs
- Develop robust internal mechanisms for quantifying, managing and reporting GHG emissions
- Build trust with stakeholders
- Facilitate the development and implementation of organizations’ GHG management strategies and plans for the future
- Provide the ability to track performance and progress in the reduction of GHG emissions and/or the increase in GHG removals
In accordance to ISO 14064-3, our verification steps are:
- Review Documentation
- Perform strategic analysis and risk assessment
- Develop evidence gathering plan and verification plan
Execution of verification activities:
- Conduct on-site verification
- Assess changes to the GHG statement
Completion of verification activities:
- Evaluate the GHG statement
- Reach a conclusion and draft an opinion
- Prepare a verification report
Measure, report and verify your organization’s GHG emissions with ISO 14064 verification from SGS. Call us now for a plan to suit your business.